Today we have a fun little craft by Carolina Moore from 30 Minute Crafts. This Sweet Scented Crayon Notebook is quick and easy to make, read on!
Crayon Notebook – and it smells like Vanilla! This crayon notebook is great for quiet time – for you or your child. With pages ready for coloring, and crayons right at hand, it is perfect to keep on hand. But one more secret makes it perfect for quiet time – it has built in soothing scents! Make your crayon notebook using vanilla scented glue to make quiet time even more relaxing!
Start by gathering your supplies:
- Cut felt to the width of the notebook.
2. Glue to top of notebook. Cut excess off the end.
3. Cut a strip of felt about 1” wider than your crayons.
4. Start by gluing the strip on one end, close to the outside corner.
5. Place a crayon for spacing, then add a line of glue. Carefully press the felt down. Hold for a minute, allow to cool slightly.
6. Keep adding more crayons and more lines of glue.
7. Make sure to press the felt down well between each crayon.
8. Keep adding crayons until you get to the end.
9. Cut another strip of felt to use as a flap. Cut to size, and glue in place.
10. Add glue to the ends of the crayon pockets, and press down.
11. Your notebook is complete… if you want…… or you can use fabric paint to decorate it and add embellishments.
Tuck your crayon notebook into your child’s busy bag, or in the car to have handy the next time creativity strikes!